Thursday, September 06, 2007

iPhones, ski passes, and credit cards

Yesterday The Steve announced that the 8GB iPhone only costs $399 now. When I bought it a couple months ago (early July, to be exact), it cost $599. Yeah, $200 price drop.

The thing is, the iPhone is a 100% gratuitous purchase. I shouldn't have spent 1 penny on it (because, after all, you can get cell phones for free and I already owned an iPod nano). For some twisted reason, that makes the price drop not annoying at all. What's the difference if I blow $600 or $400 on something? It was still a stupid purchase that I totally love and don't regret buying in the slightest. So yeah, if I'd known this would happen on September 5, I probably would have waited. But if I knew when the next-generation iPhone was coming out, I'd probably wait for that too. C'est la vie.

But thanks for your concern, everyone! :)

In other news, I recently also purchased a Winter Park ski pass for this year. Yet another totally stupid purchase that I won't spend one day regretting.

At some point the credit does run out, though.

2 comments:

Werd said...

Credit shmeddit. We want to hear more about blowing drugs and pumping chicks, Morgan.

And I can't tell if you were being facetious about your comment on my blog...but I'm glad you're reading The Metamorphosis. It's a terrific and very uplifting novella.

Crystal said...

$100 credit! Yeah! Now you can buy the new ipod too!