Monday, September 10, 2007

3 Cubed

On the fifth day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand, nine hundred and eighty, a baby boy was born. That boy had a destiny. But on the way to that destiny, he would turn 27. 33. And this semi-momentous day would occur on October 5th, 2007. Hey, that's not so far away.

So here's the deal, fools. I'm turning 27 on October 5, and you need to be there. If you live within 800 miles of Denver, then there's no excuse. If you live further than that, then there's only a partial excuse*.

There have been a few ideas batted around for the celebration of this awesome day (some would call it a "milestone"). Here they are in no particular order:

  1. Random meats served at the local Brazilian meatery. I eat meat every year on my birthday, and this place has the best of the best (we're talking rattlesnake sausage here kids). It's $38 / person, but you get a red-light/green-light indicator at your table. As long as that pooch is green, you're getting some more meat.
  2. 13th Ave. pub crawl. This would entail starting at Pints at 13th & Cherokee and working our way east to Wyman's No. 5 at 13th & Vine. One. Epic. Night. of Drinking.
  3. Ft. Collins brewery tours followed by Coopersmith's for dinner. If you've been there, you know.
  4. Sushi!
  5. Train adventure in the mountains. The Royal Gorge, the Georgetown Loop, the Durango & Silverton Narrowgauge. I don't care, I love 'em all. But a kiss (on the mouth) for anyone who hooks up the steam loco action. Followed by boozing at ye olde mountainous pub.
  6. Other (please comment).

Please cleave a comment indicating which party option you prefer. I may or may not take your views into consideration.

*The partial excuse entails the following caveat: In the event of non-attendance of my 27th birthday, I reserve the right to hold your non-attendance against you indefinitely. For example, if you are invited to Denver at some point in the future but attempt to bail out, I may say something akin to the following: "But you missed my... *sniff*... birthday. (cue puppy dog eyes)" Yeah, that's right. The eyes'll getcha every time.

19 comments:

will said...

ok second attempt:

i don't want this to be misconstrued, but i must let it be known:

i vote meat.

Unknown said...

the alcoholic in me votes 13th street pub crawl, but i like meat too...

by the way this is Z-train... i dunno who this donny character is....

Werd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Werd said...

1700 miles away. :{(

That's a sad mustache man.

I need to save up for an epic Denver/Aspen experience this December!

suzaaku said...

i'll be in nyc, which is 1778 miles away (i just checked w/ google maps)

if only your birthday was on 10/8 like i thought it was!

Unknown said...

wes, i adore you, but i don't eat meat on your birthday, and your red light-green light idea pretty much excludes your veg friends from celebrating with you.
the good news is, we vegetarians love us some beer!

yana said...

train ride - yah!!

seriously when else do you have an excuse to do that?

2nd choice is sushi, last choice is watching you spend 40 bucks to eat meat... :)

train ride train ride!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I kinda suck. I have a group of friends that I reunion with every year, and this year we're going to Estes Park, on the 5th!! I know that's not outside the mileage criteria, but I committed to them about 3 months ago. Forgiveness, please?!

Daniel said...

Trains in the mountains soudn good.

Unknown said...

Sadly, I will be more than 800 miles away during that time, in New York City from 9/29 through 10/9. Otherwise I would be psyched to take part in any of those potential festivities. I hope you have an awesome time ... cubed ... or something.

Crystal said...

TRAAAIIINS.

LRip said...

Maybe I should say *sniff* that you can't even wait for me to get back for a big 'ole shin-dig *sniff* *sniff*. I mean, you're going to be 3^3 for a whole year you know.

Crystal said...

TRAAAAIIIINNNNNSS

Dan Stafford said...

train train train train train train train flasks and train.

Unknown said...

whatever you do wes it will be a blast. i may be in seattle that weekend, but if i'm not i'll totally be along for the adventure. . . and i vote for trains... clearly.. .

maybe even a mini mountain climb too? :)

Unknown said...

wes cubed day is a whew hoo yahoo occasions and this one is certain to be a highlight...unless it is a brazillian traffic light meat festival.

i enthusiastically vote for beer and/or trains!

Unknown said...

Wow! Wes, you are so much cooler than me. My birthday- crying alone in my car. So many great choices, so little space to comment. Pressure, PRESSURE....ok 13th st pub crawl.

Unknown said...

meat