Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bitch.

I have to give a "shout out" to my friend Mari Q. Schimmer for leaving copies of Bitch magazine around the house. I had a good Saturday afternoon buzz on today (don't you love those?) so I picked one up and started reading.

Instantly I was back in college, the sole male member of the Calvin Feminists club (I'm not fishing for non-jerk cred here--rest assured I'm a grade A asshole when push comes to shove).

All kidding aside, I do <3 feminism. It's one of those things that should be the new default. So that we start talking about anti-feminists rather than feminists. Like, "Whoah! That asscopter is a total anti-feminist!" As though we were talking about an anti-semite or a homophobe. Anyway, yay feminism. And Bitch.

3 comments:

Werd said...

Damn - asscopter? I'ma use that shit _all_ the time now.

Dan Stafford said...

Ha - i take it you're less into the copies of maxim i leave around the house then, huh?

i agree - there's an interesting review in one issue of a book of essays called, 'we don't need another wave', which gets into some of the fissures amongst feminists. (2nd wave, 3rd wave, etc). The editor said, 'we don't need another wave, we need a movement'.

we should make shirts that say, 'sexy, not sexist'

welcome back to blogging ya big lug.

Crystal said...

Are you just fishing for non-jerk cred? :) j/k

Hooray for blogging. I can feel an old fashioned blog revival coming on...